There are a variety of chronic and inflammatory skin conditions that can affect dogs and cats, but some are more common than others. These include allergies, bacterial infections, fungal infections, chronic scratching, and skin parasites. Our veterinarians can identify issues such as skin problems, ear infections, and recurring allergies, and proactively resolve them as soon as possible.
At Cedar Hill Animal Clinic, we offer the following dermatological services:
- Diagnosis & treatment of skin cancer and tumors
- Allergy testing, diagnoses, and treatment
- Treatment of mites (Demodex and scabies)
- Identification & treatment of immune disorders
- Laser treatment for skin disorders
- Treatment of ear and nose disorders
- Diagnosis & treatment of paw and nail disorders
- Identification of the underlying cause of seborrheic and breed disorders
While allergies are a common cause of our pet’s skin irritations, many different things can be the culprit. Sometimes, to get to the bottom of a chronic skin condition, further diagnostic testing and treatment are required. If your pet continues to scratch or chew at irritated areas, they may develop secondary infections.
We treat and manage skin conditions in a variety of ways:
- Using impression smears and skin scrapings, cytology services analyze skin cells to accurately diagnose bacterial, fungal, parasitic, or allergic conditions.
- To manage food allergies, we offer dietary modifications but appreciate patience while we wait 2-3 months to see results.